We designed our online banking site, first and foremost, to be secure. We then followed suit with our mobile banking site and app.
Here are the facts:
- Online banking is confidential. Our system employs multiple layers of security, which means your online banking account information and transactions are safe and secure.
- Our security system works 24/7. So no matter where you are and no matter what you are doing, we are working to verify your identity in order to protect your account.
- Our security system watches for uncharacteristic or unusual behavior involving your account. If there is a change in your information, we will notify you immediately via text or email to make you aware of the change and to verify that it was changed by you.
- You will select a security image and create a security phrase, so you see it every time you sign into your account online. This lets you know that you are on the official, secure Avadian site.
- You’ll also set up security questions upon initial registration. You will be asked to answer a question every time you sign in to verify you are the correct user. (Note: If you select to have our system "remember" your computer or device, you will not need to answer a question every time.)
- We have it set so your password will expire every 180 days. At that time, you will be prompted within the online banking site to create a new one to comply with our security guidelines. The more often you change your password, the harder it is for hackers to access your account. (Please note, we will never ask you for your username or password or ask you to reset it in an email, text, or phone call.)
- We block your account after so many failed attempts to sign in. Once the account is blocked, you must call us to reset the account.
If you have any other questions or concerns about the safety of your Avadian account, please view our official Online Banking Privacy Statement or call us at 1.888.AVADIAN (1.888.282.3426).