Why should I choose Avadian Credit Union?
We are the only financial service provider that will go out of its way every day to value you as a person, to make you feel delight, and to improve your life.
We have a long history serving our members, going all the way back to 1934. There are many, many reasons why you should consider joining Avadian for all of your financial needs.
Are there any costs involved for the company or employee members?
For the company, there is no liability or contractual agreement to include Avadian Credit Union in the employee benefit package. For the employee, there is no cost to join Avadian. Members must simply deposit a minimum of $5 into their savings account, which represents one share in the credit union. The new member is immediately eligible to apply for any product or service, including a loan. The new member will need either to open another product or service or make a deposit of $100 or more within 90 days of opening the savings account to keep it open and to avoid a fee.
Are family members eligible to join?
Yes. Any relative, by blood or marriage, is eligible to join.
How do Avadian's interest rates compare with other financial institutions?
In general, Avadian members earn higher interest for their deposits and pay less interest on their loans. Contact an Avadian branch or call our toll-free number for current rate information. Rate information is also available 24/7 on our website at avadiancu.com.
How does the loan approval process work?
There is no waiting period for a new member to apply for a loan. Our loan process requires a completed loan application, available at any Avadian branch or online, and we are happy to take applications over the phone. For the quickest turnaround, we recommend scheduling an appointment with one of our representatives. We also have Mortgage Specialists on hand to assist you with financing your mortgage. By scheduling an appointment, we can review your account for free, discuss your options, and help answer any questions you may have.
Want to apply after hours? Call our 24-hour number at 1.866.732.6814 to fill out an application over the phone with one of our representatives. A credit and budget analysis will be performed on each application. Response to a loan request can vary from minutes to 24 hours depending on the availability of the necessary information.
How can Avadian members access their accounts, including those outside the state of Alabama?
- Online Banking — Free access to your Avadian accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week at avadiancu.com. It’s secure and confidential. You can perform most Avadian account transactions from your personal computer at home, work, or on the road. You can also get up-to-the-minute information on your account and current rates, apply for new accounts and loans, make loan payments, and more.
- Mobile Banking — Free access to your Avadian account information from your mobile phone or device as long as you are an Avadian online banking user and have access to the web. You can manage your account(s) whenever and wherever, access our ATM and Branch Locator, and view the latest rates. It’s convenient and free!1 And if you are an iPhone® or Android® user, you can also download our free mobile banking app from your app store.
- Mobile Wallet — Our debit and credit cards work beautifully with ApplePay, GooglePay, and Samsung Pay.
- Telephone Banking — Toll-free account information system allowing account transactions 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To access, call 205.985.0550 or 1.800.874.1394. To sign up for telephone banking, call Member Services at 1.888.AVADIAN (1.888.282.3426).
- Nationwide Branch Locations — We participate in the CO-OP Shared Branching and ATM Network. Through this network, members are welcome to conduct select transactions at more than 5,000 credit union branches and nearly 30,000 ATM locations throughout the United States. Call an Avadian branch for information about CO-OP Shared Branches and ATMs outside of Alabama or visit www.co-opcreditunions.org.
- Member Services — Simply call our friendly and knowledgeable representatives at 1.888.AVADIAN (1.888.282.3426). They can answer your questions and handle transactions by mail, email, or telephone, including withdrawals and loans.
- ATMs Nationwide — Debit or ATM cards let you access your checking or savings accounts from any ATM on the VISA®, STAR®, CO-OP®, and PLUS® Networks. ATM refunds are an option with our Choice and Choice With Interest checking accounts (up to $10 per month).
In addition, loan payments can be made online, by mail, by phone, or scheduled for automatic payments. And with direct deposit and payroll deduction, all or part of a member’s paycheck can be deposited directly to any Avadian account or applied toward a loan payment.
1You will be charged access rates depending on your carrier. Check with your cell phone service provider for details on specific fees and charges.
Services and rates described may be periodically changed and/or deleted. Avadian Credit Union’s participation with any enterprise is only an attempt to provide a service to its members, and Avadian has no responsibility for transactions between said enterprise and members.